Friday, September 3, 2010

Meet Bug...


OK - so we found another kitten in the neighborhood. A neighbor named Susan found one Wednesday, but he was dying and I had a local vet help me with him. However, she called yesterday and said that she was hearing another one. We made plans for her to bring it to my condo. Only she couldn't get it out from under the stairs. So we went over and I laid in the mulch and after about 15 minutes and a lot of swearing, I managed to get the kitten on to the end of a broom I brought and pulled her out. She was pretty filthy and had some fleas. Back to my house and I got her cleaned up. She appeared to have a wound, so I got the vet on the phone that helped me with the other one and they agreed to fit me in. She checked out pretty well. About 2.5 weeks old and weighs in at only 0.3 pounds. But she is eating so I will keep up with her. I was up several times last night with her. She slept for longer than I would have thought, but I think a lot of it could have just been recovery after a good meal and now being warm and safe. I brought her to work with me this morning knowing that I was going to have to beg my boss to allow me to bring her to work for a couple of weeks. He says he is allergic but I think the cute overwhelmed his argument and he agreed. YEAH Jim!! So, she is in a carrier on a heating pad next to my desk. :) Keep your fingers crossed for her. She is tiny and has a long way to go, but I have hope. (sorry the pic is fuzzy - I took it with my phone)

1 comment:

  1. It is a sad life and death out there for feral kittens...I don't know how they survive to two weeks even. The ones I found under my steps in June were so covered with fleas and one succumbed to pneumonia...but the other 3 found homes and Mama Katz got trapped and spayed and I see her from time to time...I talk about it on my blog some...

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you.....